Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Making Martha


Hello there! If you've read my blog before you'll know that recently I've been having lots of fun making small dolls using wooden bendy rope doll bodies (I got mine from here).

I've found that they are a great addition to storytelling with young children, so I've been photographing them on all sorts of adventures that I then show to classes as a slideshow with an accompanying story.

I have an extremely talented friend called Kate who runs her own knitwear company creating beautiful hand designed and made scarves, tops and cushions using natural fibers. You can look at her wonderful wears here at Oubas Knitwear. She had told be that she loved reading about Mildred's tiny journeys, so for her birthday I made her a little friend to keep her company in her studio - Martha!




Because Kate in a knitwear designer and maker I knew Martha needed to be wearing a knitted item of her own, so I made her a tiny snood using embroidery thread and blunt sewing needles.


I made her hat using the same method as my Felted hats for tiny people tutorial. 

I found her a little basket which I put a note in, and she carried some dried flowers and bluebells ready to go to her new home!




I'm pleased to say she was a very well received gift! If you like these little dolls keep checking in on here as I'll be sharing some more little person adventures soon, and even giving one away on my Facebook page Ellie Arts in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment