Today we had one of those magical winter days when the sun comes out, the skies clear, and for a few hours it feels like summer. I set off for the beautiful Coniston Water, but we call it Coniston Lake, about 20 minutes drive away. I love it because it has so many different types of natural space all bundled together - a beautiful lake, tall marsh reeds, soft banks of grass and a moss covered forest.
She explored the water's edge, before sitting and enjoying the view of the lake.
Then she wandered across the soft grass, collecting tiny pebbles in her basket as she went (she wouldn't tell me what for but she seemed to have a purpose for them!).
We entered the woodland, which she informed me was well known to be populated by many Lake Fairies. I told her I could well believe it. She decided to climb a bit to see if she could spot them from a greater height.
Sadly she couldn't see any signs of Fairies or any other woodland folklore sprites, so she came down again. Tired from all the exercise, she decided to have a rest and lay on the big root of a tree, looking up at the sky and enjoying the warm sunshine on her face.
I left her to have a little sleep while I had a bit of an explore, then I woke her up and told her it was time to go home.
I think she had enjoyed her trip to the lake. I know I had a lovely time and went home feeling full of optimism about the coming spring. Who knows, perhaps she'll have more jaunts in the sunshine....

Looking forward to being back at our caravan at Ayside soon. Tell Mildred to pop by for tea and cake anytime :)
ReplyDeleteHello Lynn. Yum, tea and cake, Mildred loves them! I hope when you stay in your caravan the weather is lovely too, it makes such a difference. I had almost forgotten how incredibly beautiful it is round here and now I can't wait for summer!
DeleteOh, lovely photos! Such a cute idea to include Mildred in them. Looks like a wonderful day out and about.
ReplyDelete